FORUMS: list search recent posts

Decklink Extreme 4K cant play Premiere CC RED 4K UHD timelines out to 1080p?!?!

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mel Matsuoka
Decklink Extreme 4K cant play Premiere CC RED 4K UHD timelines out to 1080p?!?!
on Oct 23, 2013 at 10:52:05 pm

Anyone know what the secret sauceā„¢ is to get my 4K UHD Premiere CC timelines (3840x2160) out to my 1080p monitor via the Decklink 4K Extreme HDMI/SDI outputs? I've tried every damn combination of Premiere sequence settings, Mercury Transmit settings, Decklink prefpane settings, etc, and I just cant get this damn card to downconvert these timelines so that I can edit native 4K RED sequences with 1080p playback on my external monitor.

Its frustrating, because all of our 7 year old AJA Kona3 cards can play these same sequences out to the same 1080p monitor with realtime downconversion. I just cant do the same on my Decklink system.

I know I can just paste the 4k sequence contents into a 1080p sequence, but its a really annoying workaround, because I have to resize any graphics that were placed in the 4k timeline...and besides, my stubborn self refuses to admit that a 7 year old Kona3 card can play the 4k sequences fine, but my 1 month old Decklink 4K Extreme card cant. Any help or advice is appreciated.

I'm running Premiere Pro CC, Decklink 9.8.1 drivers, Decklink 4K Extreme on an 8-core 2010 Mac Pro, with 2x GTX570 cards and REDRocket card.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]