FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Advice needed! Huge BMCC RAW DNG issue :/

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Rick Lang
Re: Advice needed! Huge BMCC RAW DNG issue :/
on Aug 14, 2013 at 5:54:01 pm

Tom, I'm sure BMD is not ignoring high frame rates, it's just not a feature of the current cinema cameras. HFR is one of the most requested features to add to their cameras as they concentrate their efforts on delivering a high quality image in raw, ProRes, and DNxHD solution for an economical price. I would expect higher rates perhaps topping off at 48 fps or hopefully 60 fps in the future but that doesn't help Chaz today! They probably want to achieve this using the full active sensor area (2432x1366 on the BMCC and 3840x2160 on the BMPC4K) because they want you to have the ability to render or downscale your deliverables from the highest resolution available on a given camera. Contrast this with most digital film camera manufacturers that offer very high frame rates by increasingly cropping the sensor. Their approach just takes some more time and likely requires faster processors and better cooling and of course reliable faster recording media (SSDs). So hope you'll see there is an upside to their approach and they are listening to requests.

Rick Lang

iMac 27” 2.8GHz i7 16GB

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

podcasts
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]