ATEM 1 Switcher

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Robert Foote
ATEM 1 Switcher
on Apr 22, 2013 at 4:19:57 am

Can anyone help me out?
I am configuring church setup on a tight budget but have utilized an ATEM 1 Switcher and need to do a few things with it.
1. Record 4 camera input from SDI (no problem here)
2. Incorporate a powerpoint presentation into the 1st HDMI port on the switcher, from an HDMI out on the laptop (I am having some challenges with this signal but more on that later)
3.export a live streaming version of this happening
4. Record and archive the presentation on an Atomos Ninja2

I have had some success getting everything going with a powerful Samsung laptop (as far as installing the software and seeing and recording a single camera input), but Blackmagic guys tell me that Windows 8 is not compatible with their product.My IT guy is loathe to roll it back to Windows 7 so...

The boss gave me an option to buy a good control computer that can handle everything. Any recommendations? Video Cards, or any other recommendations?

Help is greatly appreciated. It appears that most of the products that are suggested as solutions by Blackmagic, are discontinued. I can get an HP workstation listed, but what else will I need?

Question 2
HDMI port out to an HDMI 1-4 splitter and 1 output to ATEM Switcher, one output to an HDMI - VGA Converter that then plugs into a projector. Why is this frustrating me? Do I need a scaler? Really?
Where does it need to go? I cant seem to get anything but the desktop image to show up on both the ATEM or the projector.
Does Windows 8 really suck this bad?

Signed,
A lot of experience, but this is a new kind of headache.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]