FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Decklink 4K gone?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Kevin Cannon
Re: Decklink 4K gone?
on Sep 8, 2012 at 2:45:33 pm

I agree with Sushil on just about every point - 3840x2160 is NOT 4K, and many of the 4K's features that made it appealing for color correction (quad-SDI, XYZ , 12-bit) are gone. Plus it's twice the price.

Also problematic is that it doesn't look like BM will offer these features in any card, at any price. Their competitors do, however, and other vendors are incorporating similar features (Flanders Scientific just added XYZ and 12-bit support to their monitors this week, saying it "ensures compatibility with some of the industry's most advanced 12bit serial digital input/output interfaces"). For the last 18 months there's been the promise that "any month now" Resolve would get a card that worked for 4096 resolutions over quad SDI in XYZ. Apparently not, and for the first time I feel Resolve could be hamstrung by it's exclusive use of Decklink cards.

I hope it's technically possible for them to use the same Decklink 4K Extreme hardware to offer these features with some kind of firmware upgrade, or they quickly release a "Decklink 4K Extreme +"

KC

Prehistoric Digital

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]