FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: 9.5.3 Driver Eats My RAM - PPro CS6 - BETA TEST - DV25 & DV50

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bo Higbee
Re: 9.5.3 Driver Eats My RAM - PPro CS6 - BETA TEST - DV25 & DV50
on Jul 27, 2012 at 8:55:22 pm

I've been all day trying to upload a 163 meg DV clip to my website and finally had to use a Linux OS from a Live CD and their FTP program to get it there.

DOWNLOAD THIS :44 SECOND DV CLIP FOR TESTING: (save as to your PC)

HTTP://216.92.39.145/DVfootage.avi ...(it's 163 megs)

Look at LEFT yellow shirt sleeve as I walk down plank to boat. Then - any camera pan with fishing rods will show all these flickering issues. (this is my 6-7 year old local cable footage)

My Nvidia card is a GTX560 1GB (Palit brand OC'd).

Only the hardware cuda GPU with REVERSE field checked on the file plays correctly and sharply on a Adobe DV 25 timeline in PPRo CS6 with the output set to Decklink SDI output hardware ... from which I convert to NTSC using a AJA D10DCE mini converter. I'm monitoring on an old 27" PICTURE TUBE Samsung TV/Monitor (this shows the fielding issues). If I use the software only GPU the image goes to crap. It gets VERY SOFT, but it doesn't flicker... just NOT useable.

NOTE: If I put the same DV 25 footage on an Adobe DV50 timeline preset the same flickering happens, but only half as noticeable and is NOT controllable with ANY settings that I've tried. ALSO: When I use the software GPU on the DV50 timeline the footage is TWICE as soft and TWICE as FUZZY as when doing same test on DV25 timeline.

... probably due to DV50 editing is 4.2.2 and the DV 25 editing is 4.1.1 .... maybe ... don't know.

The main thing I see in both the DV25 & DV50 timelines USING SOFTWARE GPU ONLY is the image is stretched vertically, it's soft and it's fuzzy.

If you can just port over your DV25 & DV50 presets from CS5.5 and BLOCK the Adobe preset menues so they don't show when using your driver software package ... then this might solve this.

Download my footage clip above and play with it !

... now about that CEA-708 Closed Caption question I posed ... 'ya see I want to get on Outdoor Channel and they require HD programming with CAE-708 captions - either embedded in a file, or in DVCPro HD tape ... any clues here ?

As an added note:

The day PPro CS6 was released for trial download I installed it and I played with it for TWO days. When I saw all the issues with CS6 ... I ran right over to the B & H website and bought Premiere CS5.5
... WHILE IT WAS STILL AVAILABLE ... :-)

HAVE FUN !

EOM.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]