FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: 9.5.3 Driver Eats My RAM - PPro CS6 - BETA TEST

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Joshua Helling
Re: 9.5.3 Driver Eats My RAM - PPro CS6 - BETA TEST
on Jul 26, 2012 at 11:24:10 pm

Okay..cool. Well, I'll have one of my techs check this field order issue out.

I think I know why this may happen. Essentially DV is lower field and we don't output DV over SDI, we don't output DV at all. Instead we output D1 which is 720x486 UFF. The scaling should be handled by putting lines of black at the top and bottom which would be a standard DV->D1 conversion to preventing stretching and nasty softening. And the field order reversal should happen before it's given over to our card. Because CS6 was such a large change with how our board integrated it is quite possible that this field order change simply doesn't happen.

That said, can you define what you mean by the issue is different if you are using the hardware transmit engine and when you are not? I know you mentioned using the hack, which means we won't know if the software even "SHOULD" render that correctly, but that's not a sticking point. I'll test both with a supported card, if the issue is the same we can rule out the CUDA board. But first I need to know what the differences are that I should expect.

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]