FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: UltraStudio Express monitoring?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Alex Grainger
Re: UltraStudio Express monitoring?
on Jul 23, 2012 at 10:55:33 am

As I understand you wont be able to use the BMD Ultrastudio Express AND a mini display port monitor at the same time, they are both end of chain devices.

If you had an Apple Thunderbolt display, you could use that as a second display, but they are expensive.

I am in the same boat, but found an interesting solution running FCPX off my MBP, and using an old iMac as a second monitor using software called AirParrot and Reflection. The iMac acts as a second monitor for FCPX (for viewing the events browser or viewer) but it works over WIFI, and not mini displayport. So I can use a video out device like the BMD ones (soon to purchase) and still have a second screen. It isn't perfect, but is cheaper than splashing out on a Thunderbolt display!

Not sure about the answer to your final question (simultaneous outputs on HDMI & SDI at the same time). I would also like to know the answer as I am thinking of either waiting for the Ultrastudio Express, or buying an Intensity Extreme (to replace a Matrox MXO2 Mini I am selling).

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]