Re: 9.5.3 Driver Eats My RAM - PPro CS6

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Carl Schuurbiers
Re: 9.5.3 Driver Eats My RAM - PPro CS6
on Jul 18, 2012 at 4:38:24 pm

Hi David, Joshua,

Please allow me to hijack this thread a little further... ;-)
I have a Decklink SDI card and a similar problem. About 5 frames delay between program monitor and the external monitor. When I send audio through the Decklink SDI it is indeed sync with the video on the external monitor (as David reports) but I can't look at the program monitor on the computer screen, because it is horribly out of sync.

As I posted earlier, we need the following:

1. speed up displaying of frames from Premiere to the output card->external monitor. Driver optimization? Users with Kona3 cards report both monitors and audio in sync, and with final cut 7, there is also less lag, so it must be possible to have a lot less lag at least. In the current situation it is just too much.

2. I can understand that some latency in the path to the external monitor may be unavoidable. Also external monitors themselves have some lag. To compensate we need to be able to set a delay for the program monitor so that what it displays is sync with what can be seen on the external monitor. Final Cut 7 has such a setting.(under system settings -> play back control -> frame offset.)

3. Another delay, but for the audio only. This way, people who are using a different interface/path for the audio can adjust the audio delay to make sure their audio is perfectly sync to the picture. Also "sensitive" people like me ;-) can trim audio in sub-frame units (in miliseconds for instance) to make audio sync even more precise.

My conf.: Mac Pro (mid 2010) 8-core, 24GB RAM, Quadro 4000, Decklink SDI with 9.5.2 drivers. Pr6.0.1

Cheers,

Carl.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]