FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: New firmware for converters: disappointed, again

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeff Hartman
Re: New firmware for converters: disappointed, again
on Jul 9, 2012 at 1:13:48 am

Yes, I am aware of the mechanics of converting between 608 and 708 captions. The specific problem here is that the card performs proper conversion between some formats and not others. They acknowledged the problem back in December and said they were working on it. Half a year later, the problem is still not resolved.

Even if they are having technical problems making the product work correctly, that doesn't explain why they haven't updated the manual in three years so that it at least covers the products for which the document is downloaded.

If I seem annoyed, it's because frankly, I am. When one of my stations is out of technical compliance for whatever reason, I am expected to solve the problem promptly or be subject to government fines or sanctions. The FCC isn't going to care that we aren't transmitting closed captions because Blackmagic can't get their firmware fixed; we are ultimately held accountable. I wish that if BMD is going to target the broadcast market, that they would either take technical standards seriously enough to make sure their gear is fully compliant with relevant standards, or else give sufficient specifications for their products so that we can accurately discern whether they will actually perform the task we need to accomplish.

-- Jeff

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]