FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Chances for a Thunderbolt version of Pocket UltraScope?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bob Zelin
Re: Chances for a Thunderbolt version of Pocket UltraScope?
on Feb 18, 2012 at 10:18:02 pm

The Ultrascope is about $60 more than the Pocket Ultrascope at B&H.
And you can get a "qualified" graphics card for the Ultrascope for about $100. (The pocket ultrascope requires a specific graphics card too).

So we are talking about $160 to take an existing PC and turn it into an Ultrascope. IS THAT TOO MUCH MONEY ? So let me get this straight - you are doing color grading - and you own Davinci Resolve (ok, the free version) - or Apple Color - and you want a scope because you ahve to meet Broadcast requirements - and you can't take an existing PC from your company, and buy a $100 graphics card, and a $660 Ultrascope PCI card, and save FOUR TO EIGHT THOUSAND DOLLARS for an equivalent scope ? Is that what you are saying ?

And exactly how much to you charge your client for your conform and grading for broadcast delivery ? As I work for a lot of non profit, charity, and churches, let me make this perfectly clear - NON PROFITS, CHARITIES AND CHURCHES SPEND MONEY. So I don't want to hear that you can't afford an Ultrascope if you are in fact doing broadcast delivery to a network.

The ONLY person that has this excuse is a student, who has no money, and is learning about this stuff.

Use your PC (I assume it's not running Windows NT).

Bob Zelin

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]