FORUMS: list search recent posts

ATEM Audio level difference between analog and digital outputs?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tim Veal
ATEM Audio level difference between analog and digital outputs?
on Dec 21, 2011 at 11:49:52 pm

Has anyone else had a difference in levels between the analog and digital audio outs? I'm using the ATEM 1 M/E switcher with the software control in a church and can't figure this out. Audio is mixed on a mixer with peaks at 0 on the VU meter. From the mixer it goes into the ATEM via the analog XLRs. The analog XLR outs go into a DA that feeds several consumer HDTVs. Digital audio comes out the program HDMI (with the video) and goes into a Matrox MXO2 Mini that is used with a laptop for streaming on our website. The problem is I seem to either have good analog levels and the digital audio is really low (peaks at -20dbfs on the Ultrascope) and barely audible on the stream, or I boost the audio out and get good digital levels (peaks at -8 dbsf on the Ultrascope) but all the tvs are overloaded. It's not the MX02 Mini because when I hook a camera up to it instead I get good audio levels on our streaming. Also, does anyone know what level +/- db the ATEM is expecting for audio in? I can't find any info on this at Black Magic.

http://www.sandstoneproductions.net

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]