COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jaromir Pesr
Re: Problem with Windows XP Pro x64
on Nov 20, 2007 at 3:30:31 am

Hi pixel7
I have got this answer from BM support:
"You are correct in your assessment regarding using more than 2 gigs of ram with the DeckLink HD Pro. When these cards were designed, the market had no need/didn't exist for 64 bit memory addressing and as such, the hardware was not over engineered to handle this (had we future proofed it, the price for this card would have been much higher). As a result, it is a hardware limitation so it is correct that it will not work with more than 2 gigs of RAM"
This is not good. We have 5 Decklink PCI-X workstations here which I thought were a bit futureproof. 64bit Xeons here for a such a long time and no support for them. Shame.
But I have found following (cumbersome) workaround:
I have installed dualboot system with XP32 and XP64bit. 32 sees just 3GB of RAM (when 8GB are installed) and then Deckling is working fine. While need an extra rendering power from AE, I can now boot to XP64 (without BM hardware visible) and enjoy 8GB in multiprocessing enviroment.
Better then nothing.
Anyway as you do, I really want to see some good running 64bit PCIe HD workstation with high end graphic card, Decklink and HBA controller (or ultrafast fibrechannel card).
There is no motherboard noticed at BM website which seems to be supported. I know those information are a bit obsolet but I am curious. I would like to do not make a mistake like I did last time...
Jaromir

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]