Creative COWSIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivesearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: PCI Express Storage solutions

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Social ShareSend Email MessageShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInComment
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Gary TaylorRe: PCI Express Storage solutions
by on Nov 5, 2005 at 5:48:35 pm

Hi Eric,
I would be interested in seeing how the array performs at say 70% and 90% full. That card does sound interesting for a PC solution I think Mody is a Mac user. Since the Mac card only has two internal bays Mac users prefer external solutions for HD. I work with both Macs and PCs and even on my PCs I am looking at external storage solutions because of better heat dissipation and portability they provide. I think the card alot of Mac users might get excited about would be a PCI-e version of the 2240 with Mac drivers.

The problem you are having with your array is related to a maximum volume size of 2TB. There are some drivers that allow you to get around this I think so you might want to check with High Point. Thanks for the report!
Gary

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Social ShareSend Email MessageShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInComment

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESJOBSNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn GroupCreative COW Facebook PageCreative COW on Twitter
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]