FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: No Video Input from Sony HDW-F500

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

colourblind
Re: No Video Input from Sony HDW-F500
on Jun 16, 2005 at 7:32:30 am

"you are not reading what Jonathan Smiles has written to you. The Blackmagic card has an 9 pin RS422 port on it. "

I have read and understood what Jonathan has written. I do not use the Rosetta Stone interface but instead I have directly plugged the RS422 cable provided by BlackMaginc Design with their card, not by Sony.

"When you state "it worked yesterday, and not it doesn't work" -unfortunately, you can't live like this in the computer world. You must UNDERSTAND what is happening, and understand where all the setup menu's are. "

I do know that particular aspect of the computer world as you name it. However, it happens that in this particular instance I really have no ideea as to what is wrong with the setup, although I did try to understand it. Before the deck arrived, I used the Sony F900 Cinealta camera to perform some test captures. Basically I plugged the HD out of the Miranda Downconverter to the HD SDI IN on the decklink card, and things worked perfectly. As I said previously. The lack of signal through the SDI connection is almost sure NOT computer related. In my view it might 1: Be a case o damaged cable. (Didn't have time to check that yet). 2: Some internal settings on the deck although I do not remember tampering with any settings that might affect the HD SDI output.
I am trying to hire some engineer with special qualifications but, I do not own the company so I have to convince the big guys to spend some more bucks on this matter. As I said, I would gladly avoid this technical nonsense If I could. Right now though I'm trying to investigate and solve this by myself.

Thanks
CB

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]