FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: looking for 3 cheap cameras that wil sync and I can run mics into for good sound

COW Forums : Event Videographers

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark Suszko
Re: looking for 3 cheap cameras that wil sync and I can run mics into for good sound
on Apr 21, 2014 at 1:55:21 pm

Try this: go to the B&H photo-video web site, and use their search/catalog system to list HD camcorders by price. Find some in the 300-400 dollar range, then search the tech specs to see if it can take an external audio/mic input, and if it has a wireless remote.

Frankly, for your budget, you would get better features and ability by shopping used, rather than new, but that also makes it harder to find three identical models. In the 300-dollar range, you're probably looking at stuff like used iphones/opods, or the Kodak ZI- series, I reckon. On the positive side, many of the Kodaks DO have a mic jack input. On the downside, they won't have any remotes, but this is maybe not such a big deal, because you can use the automatic sync in fcpx, or manual synching to a clapper or strobe, just before the show begins in earnest, as your manual synch point for a multicam edit.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]