FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: looking for 3 cheap cameras that wil sync and I can run mics into for good sound

COW Forums : Event Videographers

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dave Haynie
Re: looking for 3 cheap cameras that wil sync and I can run mics into for good sound
on Apr 21, 2014 at 12:25:53 pm

I like to do sound off-camera, personally. I use a Zoom H4n for simple things, which will allow two XLR mics and the internal mics, or the two XLRs plus an external pair via the 1/8" TRS jack.

However, to actually answer your quesion, the only solution I know of is GoPro. I'm not sure of the features vs models matrix, but you can bring external mics I on some models (via an adapter to the USB jack) and you can sync multiple GoPro cameras via various means. Certainly a place to start.

When I shoot multicam, it's always as a one-man operation, and I don't have any sort of camera sync. My "trick" is to start the Zoom (or other recorder) first, and use that also as the time base for the whole shoot. Then I can start and stop cameras at any time (a practical issue if you use Canon DSLRs for video) and sync them when editing via Plural Eyes.

-Dave

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]