FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Dazed and confuzed......

COW Forums : Event Videographers

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

George Burbano
Re: Dazed and confuzed......
on Mar 15, 2009 at 12:36:43 am

Wow if you are dazed and confused now, wait till you start getting all the equipment, and putting everything in play.

First start with what is your budget...From what you mentioned I estimate it is about $20,000 US Dollars.

The EX3 alone $8300 take or add, a couple of cards about $2000 (ok maybe 4, but you need at least this) Depending on the event, you may need to be able to record at least several hours of footage.

Then you need a good light set. Good portable lighting, batteries about $500. Location lighting can be more depending on what you are going to shoot.

Wirelss mic system, both lavs and handheld, Sennheiser about $600-$2000 depending on the system you get.

Extra batteries , a couple $500

Now for the computer:

If you are going with Mac 8 core, (which by the way is a bit of overkill, but if you have the money,....) An upgraded computer with memory, about $4000, a good monitor, $1200 a second broadcast monitor, HD, $1500, A Kona or blackmagic HD card, $1000, Software FCP around $1300, am audio interface, a mixer, and good studio speakers, $1000.

Like I said about $20,000 take or add.

So why am I listing this to you, well to give you an idea about the money you are going to invest. You can cut this by starting slow...

This isnt including, actually editing, or being able to edit. Some guys farm out editing to people who that is all they do.

Well, I have been taping events for almost 22 years now. We always purchase equipment that we need as we go along, but the basics you cant help. Remember that you do need to have a spare camera, when shooting events. You never know, and there is no redoing it... You pretty much need 2 of the important stuff. Mikes, lights, cables, cards (for tapeless) etc...

We shoot all type of events and do very well doing it. But we are well equipped and have expanded our equipment as time goes.

Good luck to you and I hope it works out. Do alot of research, and purchase equipment based on what will work for you. Keep in mind ease of use, portability if you are shooting events... And make sure that you know every little detail and shoot and experiment alot before taking on an assignment. Especially with new equipment. Our policy is no new equipment is used as primary on a job, until we use it as as second on several jobs. I hope this helps..

George

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]