FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Camera Recommendations?

COW Forums : Event Videographers

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Boyd McCollum
Re: Camera Recommendations?
on Jan 21, 2008 at 10:49:11 pm

I believe the P2 cards are hot swappable. But then you have the issue of downloading them which you can't do directly to a hard drive, you'd need to use a laptop computer (or a desktop, depending on your set up).

There are Firestore drives that you can mount directly on the camera and record to. I believe they run 100G. That should give you the 2 hours you need, and probably more cost effective then buying enough cards for each camera.

If you are capturing during a show, you should have a dedicated person doing that, and come up with a way to ensure that cards are being captured and you don't accidentally overwrite footage that hasn't been captured. You should also have that person backup all the footage at the same time (writing to 2 or more hard drives).

As for standalone drives they are getting rather inexpensive. You could look at Newegg or someplace like that (I don't work for them) and you should be able to pick up some drives fairly inexpensively. I've been seeing 1.5 to 2 TB drives in the $500-600 range. Everyone has there own preferences for drives manufacturers and YMMV.

Boyd
"Go slow to go fast"

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]