CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Re: TV Cop Shows Are Still on TV?

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mike Cohen
Re: TV Cop Shows Are Still on TV?
on Dec 19, 2009 at 4:25:40 am

Years ago the local equivalent of Barney Fife came into the office with a VHS tape from the local fillin' station. A local yout had pumped gas and dashed off without paying. The car was caught on grainy black and white video, but from the roof. I was asked if I could enhance the image. At the time we were using Sorenson Squeeze on the Mac, which had a function whereby it could take the average of several frames of video and build a better new image, taking the best parts from each frame. Amazingly we were able to see absolutely nothing useful in the resulting image.
I was able to sharpen and lighten the image so we could make out the approximate make and model of the car. The resulting APB read:

"Attention all units in the vicinity of Shell on Main St. Be on the lookout for a late model blue, red, silver or beige 2-door or 4-door Chevy, Ford or Pontiac car. License plate contains letters or numbers. Suspect is a male or female and is to be considered armed (or not) and dangerous (probably not)."

Mike Cohen

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]