Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy Forum
I have a photo I want to zoom in on. How can I do that without the picture expanding?
I have a photo I want to zoom in on. How can I do that without the picture expanding?
by Noam Osband on Oct 26, 2014 at 6:20:09 pm

I am working in a timeline that's 1920x1080. I'm working with some photos that aren't as large as that, and there is black space on the screen when I use them. I want to be able to zoom on them but I don't want the total area of the photo to get larger i.e. I want the amount of black space to be the same.

To get a bit of movement on the photo, I increase the scale. However, that means the photo expands a bit over the screen. Again, I don't want the total area of the photo on screen to increase.

One way to prevent this is to put down slugs on top of the photo that cover all 4 sides. Is there another, slightly easier way, of doing this?

Re: I have a 17" MBP with power issues. How can I sell it?
by Shane Ross on Oct 26, 2014 at 9:40:39 pm

You can add a matte shape, and put a composite mode on it.

Gotta say, your subject line doesn't match your question.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Re: I have a photo I want to zoom in on. How can I do that without the picture expanding?
by Mark Suszko on Oct 27, 2014 at 2:13:31 pm

You can apply the crop tool around the edges of the image, and keyframe it as you move the image... Or, you can make a separate frame in photoshop made of black,but with an alpha channel to allow the hole in the center to show thru, and put that frame on a layer above the image you're performing the zooms on. You only have to make that frame once and then re-use it for all the photos that need it.

© CreativeCOW.net