Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy Forum
Importing an Image Sequence
Importing an Image Sequence
by Jake Huddleston on Apr 26, 2010 at 3:50:54 am

Hi there. I am new to Final Cut, recently switching over from Sony Vegas on my old Windows PC. As well as working with video, I also work with stop motion animation quite often. In Sony Vegas, there was an option known as 'importing image sequences', where a number of still images could be imported as a clip, in order to add effects to the clip as a whole instead of individually frame by frame.

I am using Final Cut Express rather than Pro, which I've heard may make a difference in this particular area. I've heard of people using Quicktime Pro to import image sequences, which can be enabled with Final Cut Pro, but not Express. Is there a way to do this without spending 30 bucks on Quicktime Pro?

Thank you for your help.

Re: Importing an Image Sequence
by Shane Ross on Apr 26, 2010 at 7:16:49 am

Final Cut Express is very limited in what it can do. Image sequences aren't in it's repertoire. That is a professional workflow option, and for that you need professional software. i.e. Final Cut Pro and QT Pro.

So, rather than shelling out the additional hundreds for FCP, why not $30 for QT Pro. Import the image sequence, then export to a format that FCE works with.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

© CreativeCOW.net