Avid Media Composer Forum
AMA audio doesn't work when moving from PC to MAC / Transcoding audio AFTER syncing
AMA audio doesn't work when moving from PC to MAC / Transcoding audio AFTER syncing
by Eilat Ben-Eliyahu on Nov 10, 2019 at 5:31:57 pm

Hi Friends,
I've made a mistake. I have opened a new project (on a mac), linked to AMA both audio and video files, then transcoded the video files - and synced everything, creating group clips.
Now when we've moved the project to the editor's computer which is a PC, the audio - which is not transcoded - doesn't play. It plays just the video, without the audio. No meters in the audio tool, too.
[Camera sound does work. And, when I open the project on the mac on which it was created, the audio play perfectly).
I've read online about moving a project from mac to PC; I suspect the audio doesn't work because it's linked to AMA and not transcoded.
How do I transcode it NOW, after everything is already synced?
(I mean, how do I transcode the audio without re-syncing / without breaking the group clips?)
Any suggestions appreciated!
Thanks, Eilat

Re: AMA audio doesn't work when moving from PC to MAC / Transcoding audio AFTER syncing
by Pat Horridge on Nov 11, 2019 at 7:10:05 am

You just need to reAMA the audio on the second Avid system.
The drive path between Mac and PC is different so the AMA linking can't see the sources.
Just make a new bin. AMA link the audio and it should pop back in the group clips.

Pat Horridge
Broadcast & Post Consultant, Trainer, Avid Certified Instructor
Free online Tutorials at VET digital media academy online http://vimeo.com/channels/752951
pat@vet.co.uk

Re: AMA audio doesn't work when moving from PC to MAC / Transcoding audio AFTER syncing
by Eilat Ben-Eliyahu on Nov 11, 2019 at 1:09:17 pm

Great, thanks!
We'll do that

I'm just curious, though - is there a way to actually transcode the audio after the sync is done?
(In case the editor would prefer to work with transcoded audio, is it even possible?)

by Pat Horridge on Nov 11, 2019 at 1:11:25 pm

In theory you could AMA link the audio and transcode it.
Then relink the autosync clips to the selected transcode.
But I'd test first.

Pat Horridge
Broadcast & Post Consultant, Trainer, Avid Certified Instructor
Free online Tutorials at VET digital media academy online http://vimeo.com/channels/752951
pat@vet.co.uk

by Eilat Ben-Eliyahu on Nov 11, 2019 at 1:12:54 pm

Alright, thanks a lot!
Eilat

© CreativeCOW.net