Adobe Media Encoder Forum
Photo animation look awful when compressing the Master to DVD
Photo animation look awful when compressing the Master to DVD
by Re Gomez on Dec 20, 2016 at 1:57:29 pm

Hi, I'm a documentary filmmaker and I made a 30 min.documentary length with very nice footage of nature.

In the film, there are two animated photos, very simple, an animation from right to left, simulating a pan. I exported the Master 1080p in ProRes or Photo-JPG and It looks perfect. The problem appear when I convert it to regular DVD, I did a .img file (containing VIDEO_TS & AUDIO_TS folders) to to test it in my mac with DVD Player and when I play it, the image looks great, except the animations of those two photos, these look awful, with a very hard alias and some kind of flicker.

The animation is slow, so it is not a subject of speed. Long time ago I had a similar problem, but years than I don't have to burn a DVD, so I don't recall how I fixed that. I remember than It was related with the aspect ratio (square or no-square) or the interlace, or something like that. The conversion to NTSC change the structure of the photo animation and it get that alias and flicker.

I really appreciate any comment or advise from somebody who got to play a photo animation in a perfect way on DVD.

Thank you in advance !!

© CreativeCOW.net