Apple Final Cut Pro X Forum
Two FCPX Glitches
Two FCPX Glitches
by Gilbert Daspit on Sep 21, 2018 at 2:56:00 pm

Hello -
I have a question related to 2 functions in FCPX that don’t seem to be working right, first - if I’m making an “L” cut by expanding the audio and shortening the video so that audio starts earlier, it seems like I should be able to place a transition on the shortened video and not have it affect the audio - not make it fade in slowly, or even cut it so it’s as short as the video track. I think I used to be able to do this but not now. I’m wondering if OS updates (I’m using High Sierra 10.13.6 and FCPX 10.4.3) have made FCPX act weirdly.
The second problem is when I make a color correction, often my timeline will skip to a previous point in the video.
Has anyone come across these issues and know of a solution?

Thanks for your help.

Re: Two FCPX Glitches
by Steve Connor on Sep 21, 2018 at 3:03:40 pm

[Gilbert Daspit] "The second problem is when I make a color correction, often my timeline will skip to a previous point in the video.
Has anyone come across these issues and know of a solution? "

I get this as do many people, it's a bug but I'm not sure if there's a solution

by Gilbert Daspit on Sep 21, 2018 at 4:06:05 pm

I meant to say in my post that I've seen various comments about the color correction glitch. It would be great if someone knew a solution.

by Gilbert Daspit on Sep 21, 2018 at 4:15:34 pm

I believe I stumbled across a solution to my first problem of the transition causing a fade-in or fade-out of audio before I wanted it to happen -- keyframing the audio. It's just that it seemed like I was able to expand audio and not have the transition apply to the expanded audio previously, thus avoiding the extra keyframing step.
I'll confirm this with future transitions.

© CreativeCOW.net