Apple Final Cut Pro X Forum
Share Failed
Share Failed
by Bobby Hall on Sep 5, 2017 at 3:30:49 am

I'm trying to export a sequence in FCPX and it keeps saying "share failed." I've tried restarting my MacBook Pro, restarting FCPX, sharing to a different drive, trashing preferences, duplicating the timelime, and copying and pasting all the clips in a new timeline. None of this works. I am able to export a different timeline but for some reason not this particular one. The only thing I can think of is when I had FCPX open I accidentally disconnected my external hard drive that had all my media. But I have no idea why this would corrupt a particular sequence.

Re: Share Failed
by Bobby Hall on Sep 5, 2017 at 3:41:41 am

I just noticed that a certain clip in my timeline that had text on it only showed a black screen. I deleted the text on the clip and it became visible and I was actually able to export the sequence. So whatever was making that particular clip blank must be the reason why the share failed. Anyone know why adding text over a clip could make that clip blank? I've encountered this before and I just restarted the program and it played fine. But for some reason that isn't working now. Maybe I'll redo the text and see what happens.

Re: Share Failed
by Bobby Hall on Sep 5, 2017 at 3:50:32 am

I just moved the text file over one frame and the clip became visible again and the sequence exported. This is obviously an FCPX bug.

© CreativeCOW.net