Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates Forum
Reaper and FCPX
Reaper and FCPX
by Steve Connor on Mar 1, 2013 at 11:48:47 pm

Very interested to see that Vordio have a plugin that will export FCPX XML to Reaper, I'm going to be trying this out on a project next week, Looks like it might be a nice, inexpensive solution for more complex audio mixes in FCPX without going to ProTools.

Steve Connor
'It's just my opinion, with an occasional fact thrown in for good measure"

Re: Reaper and FCPX
by David Lawrence on Mar 2, 2013 at 2:00:01 am

[Steve Connor] "Very interested to see that Vordio have a plugin that will export FCPX XML to Reaper, I'm going to be trying this out on a project next week, Looks like it might be a nice, inexpensive solution for more complex audio mixes in FCPX without going to ProTools."

II'm test driving Reaper right now on a tiny project and so far I'm liking it a lot. Light, fast and easy to use with some nice UI features. Price is right too. Just wish it could import OMF natively. The only real I/O solution is AATranslator, which looks great but is a bit pricy and is Windows only.

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl

by Oliver Peters on Mar 2, 2013 at 2:33:18 am

I've also had very good luck going from FCP X to Audition via Xto7.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
www.oliverpeters.com

by Mark Dobson on Mar 2, 2013 at 11:02:34 am

Having worked on the audio how do you then get it back into the project in FCPX? Is it a fairly straightforward exercise?

And I presume that most of you have seen this post on fcp.co - but for those who haven't:

http://www.fcp.co/final-cut-pro/news/1061-post-produce-audio-from-final-cut-pro-x-in-daw-reaper-by-using-vordio

by Oliver Peters on Mar 2, 2013 at 12:59:58 pm

[Mark Dobson] "Having worked on the audio how do you then get it back into the project in FCPX? Is it a fairly straightforward exercise?"

You would have to export a mixed soundtrack (typically stereo) as a WAV or AIF and add that back as a connected clip. That's what I've done using Audition, but also ProTools and Soundtrack Pro with FCP7, FCPX, Smoke and Media Composer.

- Oliver

Orlando, FL
www.oliverpeters.com

by Mark Dobson on Mar 2, 2013 at 6:16:11 pm

Thank's Oliver.

Seems like the sort of process you go through once an edit has been locked down.

by Oliver Peters on Mar 2, 2013 at 11:01:53 pm

[Mark Dobson] "Seems like the sort of process you go through once an edit has been locked down."

Yes. I would say that's pretty much true of any audio post workflow. I don't really know of any good roundtrips when it comes to the audio side of things.

- Oliver

Orlando, FL
www.oliverpeters.com

by Jari Innanen on Mar 14, 2013 at 8:15:42 pm

There is an update to Vordio:
http://vordio.net/vordio-2-0-update/

© CreativeCOW.net