Canon DSLR Cameras Forum
Flickering problem with the 5D
Flickering problem with the 5D
by Damian Dunne on Jan 10, 2012 at 11:20:47 pm

g'day everyone,

so I've run into this problem a couple of times now and was wondering if anyone can suggest firstly, a way to remove it and secondly a way to avoid it the future.

Here's the example:
http://reels.creativecow.net/film/15314

I shot it on a 5d MkII with 24-105m lens. Aperture was F4 and shutter set to a 50th. ISO was fairly high, around 2000 I think. There was an LED light source coming from the background, which is what I'm thinking maybe the problem with the differing frame rates.

Any help would be great!

Re: Flickering problem with the 5D
by Bob Dix on Jan 13, 2012 at 12:26:35 am

Just looks like low level lighting, speed at 1/50 sec or lower with high ISO setting may help ?? Had similar lighting at jazz concert ISO was 6400 @ 1/50 sec 25 fps PAL, no issues but, LED lighting may be problem. I do not think so ? Lens used was a f3.5-5.6 28-135mm IS is on EF Lens, the Canon 5D Mark II usually handles this sort of problem with ease ? Set your adjustment at A+, it will automatically take you to ISO 6400 if needed, you could go higher if required by setting it manually.

It may be removed in Adobe's Premiere Pro CS5.5.2 ?

Freelance Imaging & Video
AUSTRALIA

Re: Flickering problem with the 5D
by Damian Dunne on Feb 6, 2012 at 1:33:20 am

Thanx for the feedback Bob.

Will have a look at the A+ setting. I think it could be to do with the refresh rate of the LEDs... possibly.

Thanx again.
d

be the ball

© CreativeCOW.net