Adobe Premiere Pro Forum
Brighten Clip Selection in bin?
Brighten Clip Selection in bin?
by Chase Carnahan on Mar 21, 2012 at 8:24:15 pm

Hey all,

My problem is: I run on Premiere Pro CS5.5, and when my clips are in a bin (in thumbnail view), the box surrounding my clips are all the same color. When I select a clip in my bin, the highlighted color is only VERY slightly different than the original color of the clips. I have been trying to change the highlighted color to a more conspicuous color, so that I may reference it, and the next sequential clip in my bin.

I shoot and edit nightclub videos, and I just want to be able to expedite the process by not having to go through every clip to see where I was at.

Any feedback appreciated,

Chase

Re: Brighten Clip Selection in bin?
by Jeff Greenberg on Mar 28, 2012 at 7:40:12 pm

Have you tried adjusting the interface settings in preferences. You could make it much brighter if you wanted...

Best,

Jeff I. Greenberg
Editor/Author/Speaker/Consulting
My NAB seminar schedule, contact info and more

by Chase Carnahan on May 15, 2012 at 8:22:54 am

Hey Jeff,

Yes, I have tried that. The brightness of the overall appearance is not what concerns me, I just want to have a greater CONTRAST between the unselected clips, and the selected clips. Thanks for the feedback though.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Chase

by Taylor Gahm on Sep 11, 2015 at 2:41:25 pm

This helped me a little bit. Thanks! Wish I could make the highlighted clips a different color. I just switched back to me Premiere after 10 years on FCP and this is the ONLY issue that I have had so needless to say I am happy. I can't believe how awesome Premiere is!

+

Taylor Gahm
Filmmaker. TED Presenter. Entertainer
TaylorGahm.com
BeNotAfraidMovie.com

Watch my TED talk here: http://bit.ly/1MgBXY0

by Dale Long on Jul 4, 2014 at 5:42:52 pm

+1. Anyone figure this out in Premiere Pro CC?

by Rowan Cloete on Jun 23, 2015 at 10:58:48 am

+1, would love to know how to do this.

Mac OSX 10.8.4
Mac Pro 3,1
14 gig RAM
GT640 GUI
GTX770

by Brad Coulter on May 9, 2017 at 3:09:29 am

Agreed. I've been trying to figure this out for months. It's really hard to tell which clip is highlighted in the bin. I'm no programmer, just a lowly editor, but it seems like this would be a pretty simple software fix that could be rolled out in an update.

© CreativeCOW.net