Adobe Premiere Pro Forum
What's that style of editing where you dump all clips linearly in one sequence?
What's that style of editing where you dump all clips linearly in one sequence?
by Daniele Violi on Apr 1, 2016 at 1:07:02 pm

First post, big fan, always found best discussions on creativecow, love you guys.

What's that type of editing style / workflow where you have all your clips in linear order on the timeline and then do your selection/cuts/arrangement directly from the material? I know it has a specific name because I once saw a video tutorial about it, can't find it now, where this style was used. I'm not sure how to properly utilise this workflow but I believe it's what i need to do for my project. I'd like to find those tutorials.

I'm syncing one video with multiple audio recordings (perhaps using pluraleyes and exporting xml) and I feel that this is the only way to have my material synced all at once without working with individual clips. It's a documentary so there's lots of footage, I don't want to go insane...

Re: What's that style of editing where you dump all clips linearly in one sequence?
by Shane Ross on Apr 1, 2016 at 5:07:54 pm

Hmmm...harkening back to film days....a KEM roll? Meaning when you put all of your selects and synced footage on one roll, and put it on a KEM (film editing bench) and cut from that?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Re: What's that style of editing where you dump all clips linearly in one sequence?
by John Kaley on Apr 1, 2016 at 5:16:02 pm

Google "Pancake timeline in Premiere"

by Daniele Violi on Apr 6, 2016 at 10:37:00 am

Yes, Pancake editing it is! Thanks dude

by Mike janowski on Apr 7, 2016 at 2:03:17 pm

Is there a low-carb version of this? ;)

© CreativeCOW.net