Adobe Premiere Pro Forum
Flattening sequences while retaining all audio tracks source sequence
Flattening sequences while retaining all audio tracks source sequence
by Julian Martinz on Jul 11, 2014 at 2:22:48 pm

Hi there

As stated in the topic I am wondering if there is a solution to flatten sequences but retain the multiple audio tracks of the source sequence in the final sequence.
I am editing a documentary and set up multiple sequences of single interviews and "observation-shots". All of these sequences carry multiple video and audio tracks. Syncing was done with pluraleyes as they used no slate and some cameras stopped multiple times during one shot. So i did not created a proper multicamsequence in premiere and instead used standard nested sequences and enabled multicam on them.
The plan was to edit with the multicam sequences (in multicam mode) and when thats done flattening them. However when flattening a sequence i end up with 1 video track (what is alright and intended) and just 1 audio track. But i need to keep the all of them (up to 8) for the final mix.

Is there any way to do this? Or would be the only solution to drop the multicam workflow and instead copy/paste the needed segments from the original sequences?

Thanks in advance
Julian

Re: Flattening sequences while retaining all audio tracks source sequence
by Paul Neumann on Jul 11, 2014 at 5:40:16 pm

Highlight your sequence in the Project Bin, right click and send to Audition. Audition will open up all the Multicam audio on separate tracks. Then Export To Premiere Pro with each track as a stem, choose create new audio track and you should get all your expanded audio back on the right tracks.

All that's if I'm understanding what you're asking...

by Julian Martinz on Jul 12, 2014 at 9:44:03 am

No luck trying your advice. Audition handles it the same way premiere did and i end up with 1 audio track for the multicam segments. Used 'Edit in adobe autiotion > seqeunce'. Guess thats what you mean?

Maybe i wasn't clear enough. Trying to explain the workflow again:

1. Created sequences for the seperate interviews. Dropped all video and audio tracks and synced them with plural eyes
2. Edit in a main sequence using the previously created sequences as nested sequences but enabling multicam for them to have the ability to choose the right camera in the final sequence.
3. Flattening the nested sequences

And now i got one audio track associated to one originally nested sequence. But i'd like to have ALL audio tracks from the original sequence in the final edit.
As said above sending to audition doesn't solve the problem. Audition gives me one track as well. Tried to send to audition before and after enabling multicam. No difference.

by Paul Neumann on Jul 13, 2014 at 12:02:24 am

Have you tried just flattening the video only. Option select by clicking or dragging around.

by Julian Martinz on Jul 13, 2014 at 1:14:34 pm

Don't know what that will get me. I still end up with 1 (nested/multicam) audio sequence but need the seperate tracks for omf export.
Your suggestion with the audition workaround sounded promising .. if i could get it working. Almost never used audition before so maybe i do something wrong. Just to be clear: by 'send to audition' you mean the 'edit in audition' command right? As said before using that workflow i still just get 1 audio track in audition so audition seems to recognize the nested sequences like a usual clip. Do i have to prepare the multicam sequences in some way?

by Paul Neumann on Jul 13, 2014 at 5:59:11 pm

How many audio sources are you dealing with?

by Julian Martinz on Jul 14, 2014 at 12:06:23 pm

It varies. From 2 up to 8. How is that affecting my issue?

by Mike Harrison on Apr 14, 2015 at 8:22:51 pm

+1

So dumb that this isn't clearly available. Finding that even workaround techniques aren't pulling through.

by Matthew Richie on Dec 14, 2016 at 1:29:15 pm

I know this is two years too late, but if you want to keep the "switchability" (technical term) of your audio track while flattening the video track, you can lock the audio track then choose to flatten the video track. Is that what you needed?

© CreativeCOW.net