Adobe Premiere Pro Forum
Copy Export settings from Premiere CS5.5 to another machine
Copy Export settings from Premiere CS5.5 to another machine
by Jeff Schaap on Mar 15, 2012 at 6:49:57 pm

Hello,

I work in a multi-suite environment and need to copy export presets I've created to the other stations. For example I set up special setting for exporting our finished videos to MPEG2. I know how to save, recall and duplicate the preset on this machine but how do I put a copy on another machine that has CS5.5? Anyone have an know how?

Thanks,
Jeff Schaap

Re: Copy Export settings from Premiere CS5.5 to another machine
by Petros Kolyvas on Mar 15, 2012 at 10:07:58 pm

Collaborative workflow is still very IT/IS challenged in PrPro. But it's not impossible and really, with some effort and a few caveats, very reliable.

When it comes to export presets, thankfully they can be managed more easily since they're independent little files.

One way is to make sure editors get a shortcut to the location of the AME presets. I don't know what it is on windows, but on Mac it's:
~/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Common/AME/5.5/Presets
(And in case anyone isn't familiar with *nix nomenclature "~" is the home directory of the current user/logged-in user account)

Then all you need is some kind of shared location on a network where presets can be dumped/copied and/or synced.

In fact, with a good rsync/shared folder/automator setup, you could actually have each system sync preferences before running Premiere or AME such that each machine is synchronized on application load.

There are also probably third party tools out there that can do this, but hey, that's no fun! ;)

--
There is no intuitive interface, not even the nipple. It's all learned. - Bruce Ediger

Re: Copy Export settings from Premiere CS5.5 to another machine
by Jeff Schaap on Mar 20, 2012 at 3:17:12 pm

Thanks Petros, I am in a Mac environment and forgot to mention it. Can you expand a little on the "rsync/shared folder/automator setup"? I know what Automator is but haven't ever used it. If it's too much to get into in a post I understand.

Thanks,
Jeff

© CreativeCOW.net