DaVinci Resolve Forum
"Unable to add new file system mount" to access footage from my External Hard Drive in Resolve:
"Unable to add new file system mount" to access footage from my External Hard Drive in Resolve:
by jabbar thomas on Aug 1, 2019 at 3:15:19 pm

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the respondents to my last post of coloring footage in 6K and 4K on my lowly MacBook with 2.3 GHz i7 and 8GB of RAM Mid-2012. I eventually got it done after many, many pauses waiting for my Viewer/Node Editor/Scopes to catch up with the corrections made with my tools. It CAN be done, just very, very slowly and painfully!! LOL!! luckily it was a short music video and not a feature!

Here is my question: I have upgraded to an iMac 3.2 GHz i5 with 8GB (1600Mhz) of RAM and an NVidia GeForce GTX 675MX 1024MB. Better but not great---especially in regards ot the GPU. When I attempted to open a project from my external hard drive (same music video), the drive does not appear on the MEDIA page OR the EDIT page at all.
I went to my MEDIA STORAGE LOCATIONS to attempt to add the external hard drive with the project file and the media and got the following message:

Unable to Add New File System Mount. A Security Scoped Bookmark Cannot be Created for the New File System Mount.

I have no idea how to remedy this. And I don't see anything online that addresses this issue with a clear solution. Can anyone help me fix this issue?

Thanks,
Jabbar

Re: "Unable to add new file system mount" to access footage from my External Hard Drive in Resolve:
by Richard Mazikowski on Aug 2, 2019 at 8:51:23 pm

Can you see it on your desktop or within finder? If not, it might have been ejected improperly. Try running "first aid" using disk utility. It may also be an incompatible format. If that is the case you could find a third party software that can read it and let you make a copy of it.

Richard Mazikowski
rmazikowski@comcast.net
http://vimeo.com/maz1

Re: "Unable to add new file system mount" to access footage from my External Hard Drive in Resolve:
by jabbar thomas on Aug 3, 2019 at 2:02:51 am

Hi Richard,

Yes I can see my external hard drive on my desktop. I can even use it for import to other apps like Premiere.

Thanks,
Jabbar

by Richard Mazikowski on Aug 3, 2019 at 2:51:24 am

Are you using the light version? Did you get it from the apple apps store or from Black Magic? Sometimes the Apple store version has issues. Do you have the "automatically display attached local and network storage" Checked. Found under preferences/media storage.

Richard Mazikowski
rmazikowski@comcast.net
http://vimeo.com/maz1

by Eric Santiago on Aug 3, 2019 at 1:52:37 pm

Can you create a temp XML from FCPX/PPro then import as TIMELINE in RESOLVE?
Curious to see if the files show up in MEDIAPOOL.

© CreativeCOW.net