DaVinci Resolve Forum
Davinci Resolve Gallery Stills Displaying Size Incorrectly
Davinci Resolve Gallery Stills Displaying Size Incorrectly
by Josh kanuck on Mar 12, 2014 at 2:21:14 pm

When I try to use stills they are sized about 50% smaller than my timeline footage. This of course makes it a pretty useless feature for me.

Does anyone else have this problem? It hasn't always been like this and I can't tell if it is a bug or a setting I have wrong.

I am on:

Davinci 10.1.2.017
Mac OS 10.7.5

Re: Davinci Resolve Gallery Stills Displaying Size Incorrectly
by Robbie Carman on Mar 12, 2014 at 7:40:26 pm

errr. there is a slider to resize stills at the bottom of the stills area on the color page and you can of course do the same thing on the Gallery Page

If you're referring to when you display a still in the viewer its smaller - check your stills location Settings > General Options > Working Folders.

Make sure this is a valid location

Robbie Carman
----------------
Colorist and Author

by Hugh Howlett on Nov 6, 2019 at 9:35:53 am

For anyone still looking for an answer - check that your reference sizing is set to 1.000 in the the colour page. This reference sizing effects both your offline reference file AND your stills in the gallery. If you want to scale your reference video you can do so in the media pool by right clicking on it>clip attributes>super scale.

by Ross Mitchell on May 12, 2020 at 11:19:46 am

Hi Hugh. I'm still trying to solve a similar problem where the stills are about 10-20% larger than the camera clip when referenced with a viewer wipe. I've searched all over the GUI (16.2) for the reference sizing adjustment but can't find it anywhere. Could you please post where this is? I'm hoping this is my solution.

Thanks in advance!!

by Hugh Howlett on May 12, 2020 at 5:20:49 pm

Hey Ross, if you go to the sizing tab within the colour page, and click on 'input sizing', and then change that to 'reference sizing', then setting the zoom slider to 1 should fix it. If it's already at 1 then adjusting it smaller might fix it, but you may need to grab new stills. Hope that helps!

by Ross Mitchell on May 12, 2020 at 9:26:16 pm

Thanks Hugh, yes that did fix it. I adjusted the reference size to .795 and it works. It got me wondering what I was doing differently in this project compared to others in the past as I've never had this occur before. Eventually, I realised (for reasons I won't bore you with) that by running the timeline size at 4K Full (4096x2160) and an output scaling resolution customised to 4K Scope (4096x1716) it was causing the issue. By changing the timeline resolution to 4K Scope the problem also goes away.

Stills are spot on either way.

© CreativeCOW.net