TV & Movie Appreciation Forum
Why are you not watching IFC's "Brockmire"?
Why are you not watching IFC's "Brockmire"?
by Mark Suszko on Jun 10, 2019 at 3:28:31 am

Hank Azaria is closely drafting and catching up to the skills and delivery of Bryan Cranston and Bob Odenkirk in this very offbeat show about a derelict baseball announcer on the road to addiction recovery and personal redemption. Hank's reaching incredible moments in acting here, and the writing is freaking amazing. He's backed by a very solid cast and supporting/guest actors as well. There have been several scenes and moments from this and previous seasons I would love to tack up on a wall in every acting and writing class there is. A dark comedy set in the world of baseball sportscasting, it has started to make me really appreciate the nuances of why the game remains an important cultural touchstone for Americans. This is a story mocking something it also truly loves and respects, in the best way. You are missing out if you don't give it a try. It's salty. It's profane. it's delicious.

Re: Why are you not watching IFC's "Brockmire"?
by Scott Roberts on Jun 11, 2019 at 2:06:15 pm

I loved this show, but I only watched the first season. Then I moved and got a different cable package and IFC wasn't included... So I haven't seen it since. Is it on any of the streaming platforms?

Re: Why are you not watching IFC's "Brockmire"?
by Mark Suszko on Jun 11, 2019 at 4:34:26 pm

I think IFC streams it for free

© CreativeCOW.net