VEGAS Pro Forum
A Question for John R. regarding his VASST apps
A Question for John R. regarding his VASST apps
by Sam Caino on Dec 27, 2012 at 9:23:36 pm

Hey John (or anyone well versed in the scripting/VAAST world),

Here is a work case for you - let's say I have about 3 hours of footage across 3 or 4 video files. I want to automate the process of cutting this footage into 20 minute chunks and adding the same 5 second intro to each chunk. I don't care about the IN or OUT points of the 20 minute chunks, they just need to be 20 minutes. Then, of course, render out the results.

Which FASST app or combination of apps would most easily automate this process? What would the workflow look like?

Re: A Question for John R. regarding his VASST apps
by John Rofrano on Dec 28, 2012 at 12:41:21 am

You could place all of the file on the timeline and use Marker Maker to create regions every 20 minutes and then use Render Assistant to render those regions out to separate files but that won't get the intros before each one.

You can batch render files adding intros with Vegas Pro Production Assistant so you could do this as a second step but that means your video gets rendered twice which may be undesirable.

~jr

www.johnrofrano.com
www.vasst.com

by Sam Caino on Dec 28, 2012 at 12:49:55 am

That is what I was heading towards. If I use the same .mpg2 template for both renders, will the No Compression Render work as normal?

by John Rofrano on Dec 28, 2012 at 12:59:51 am

[Sam Caino] "If I use the same .mpg2 template for both renders, will the No Compression Render work as normal?"
Yes, but you don't have to limit yourself to MPEG-2. When you render video to any of the following formats, unedited video frames are passed through without recompression (smart rendering):So I would use HD MXF or XDCAM EX.

~jr

www.johnrofrano.com
www.vasst.com

by Mark Barton on Dec 28, 2012 at 5:12:25 pm

I just checked out the video on Render Assistant and had to say having the longer training videos explaining the features are much better than the original short commercials for the FASST Apps.

by John Rofrano on Dec 28, 2012 at 10:31:51 pm

[Mark Barton] "I just checked out the video on Render Assistant and had to say having the longer training videos explaining the features are much better than the original short commercials for the FASST Apps."
I'm glad you like the longer training video. We are in the process of making one for each of the FASST Apps.

~jr

www.johnrofrano.com
www.vasst.com

by Graham Bernard on Dec 28, 2012 at 11:17:32 pm

[John Rofrano] "We are in the process of making one for each of the FASST Apps."
This is great news indeed!

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 and two elderly XM2s

© CreativeCOW.net