VEGAS Pro Forum
SD Card Input File Management Question in Vegas 10
SD Card Input File Management Question in Vegas 10
by Dan Myers on Oct 31, 2012 at 11:45:20 pm

Hi,

I shot my first project on the Sony HXR-MC2000U HD Camcorder with 16 GB SD cards. I changed cards in the middle of the shoot to avoid running out of space. When downloading them into Vegas off the two cards in a card reader, I noticed that the camcorder chops the footage up into separate files each time I start and stop the camera. So when I loaded the first card the files started a 00 and went to 56. But when I entered the second card, it also started at 00 and went to 74. So I had to rename each individual file on the first card before loading the second.

I have to believe there is a way around this, or a way to batch change the file names or something like that.

Is there a way to do this in Vegas 10? Or is there a way to change a setting on the camera so that it does not make a new file every time I start and stop the cam?

I realize I am the dinosaur getting into the game late...kicking and screaming the whole way because my Sony DVCAM 300A that I bought in 2000 still looks phenomenal but won't shoot 16 X 9 but I still HATE to give it up. And by the way, still using the same original 4 Sony lithium batteries that I bought in 2000 as well...sometimes progress sucks.

Re: SD Card Input File Management Question in Vegas 10
by Jeff Schroeder on Nov 1, 2012 at 2:00:57 am

Have you tried using the device explorer on the view menu? I think it will take care of the renaming problem.

Jeff

2-Xeon X5680 @ 3.33, EVGA SR-2 Mobo, 48GB DDR3, GTX 580 3072MB, 16TB Attached Storage, Win7, Vegas 11 x64

by mark mccormack on Nov 1, 2012 at 3:23:02 am

I'm not sure, but with the cards from my sony nx5 you need to use the Sony content management software. Import all the clips from both cards and it recognises when they were shot and combines and names them accordingly.

by Colin Morris on Nov 1, 2012 at 6:04:59 am

I have 2 Sony NEX cameras. (VG-10 and NEX 5)I usually sort by date/time in windows and rename the files manually before I bring them into Vegas. For projects where there are 100+ clips (i.e. football games) I just sort without renaming.

© CreativeCOW.net