VEGAS Pro Forum
NewBlueFx and Vegas Pro 11
NewBlueFx and Vegas Pro 11
by Tiffany Clark on Mar 9, 2012 at 3:13:00 pm

So, I've got Pro 11 and the Titler Bundle is nice, but I wanted to get some other things from NewBlue that more suit my needs. Problem is, all of them, except titler, only mention supporting Pro 10. I've sent a comment to NewBlue, but not recieved an answer. Will a package like Light Effects/Blends work with Pro 11. And if not, is there anything you can suggest that is similar?

Thanks

Re: NewBlueFx and Vegas Pro 11
by Steve Hopper on Mar 9, 2012 at 8:02:50 pm

Tiffany,

I received an email this a.m. from NewBlue re: two new products - with a 2fer1 offer.
http://www.newbluefx.com/so/sony-gpu-plugins/

Nope the link works as I removed my tracking number.

Steve

by Lance Bachelder on Mar 9, 2012 at 9:21:43 pm

Jeesh I remember when NewBlue stuff was actually reasonably priced! Guess those days are gone...

May as well go with the real "pro" stuff and get GenArts Sapphire Edge...

http://www.genarts.com/software/sapphire-edge/overview

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director
Irvine, California

by Steve Rhoden on Mar 9, 2012 at 10:33:20 pm

Not only where they once reasonably priced Lance,
But once their plugins where so simple and easy
to interact with, yet very effective and straight-forward...

Steve Rhoden
(Cow Leader)
Film Editor & Compositor.
Filmex Creative Media.
1-876-832-4956

by Lance Bachelder on Mar 10, 2012 at 9:12:52 am

Exactly - I have many of them and they used to be simple, reliable and effective. Now we have to pay extra for GPU versions? Not happening.

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director
Irvine, California

by Edward Troxel on Mar 10, 2012 at 5:44:57 pm

Lance, the upgrade from the previous version 1.4/2.4 to the new 3.0 version is $20. That's not reasonable?

I understand if you own 10 of the products then to upgrade all 10 would be $200. However, what if you only upgrade the slowest ones? Or the ones you use most? But $20 to upgrade is a very fair price.

The full retail price is just marginally higher than it previously was on the new versions. Plus watch for special pricing offers which let you get them for even less!

I'm really surprised to see anyone talking about NewBlue prices as they are definitely very reasonable for everything you get.

Edward Troxel
JETDV Scripts

by Lance Bachelder on Mar 10, 2012 at 8:23:22 pm

Disagree. They are all over-priced compared to pretty much anything else out there. If you break it down to cost per USEABLE effect they're outrageous. Look at the new Light Blends for example - most of the effects look like bad Video Toaster fx from the 90's I mean Psycho Strobe? RGB Shift? Seriously? You want me to pay for this?

The big problem with most of the NewBlue stuff is there is maybe one or two effects per package that are useable in a professional production. Instead of adding more good, useable effects to their existing packages to keep them exciting and relevant, they just keep releasing more useless bundles and keep raising prices. This the opposite of what companies like Red Giant and GenArts do. Embarrassing...

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director
Irvine, California

by Mike Hinkel on Mar 9, 2012 at 10:41:42 pm

"Jeesh I remember when NewBlue stuff was actually reasonably priced!"

Everything is a land mine. At every turn. The technology is great, but at what expense? Is it really that expensive to develop? I don't know.

by Edward Troxel on Mar 10, 2012 at 5:47:13 pm

Tiffany, all of the NewBlue products fully support Vegas Pro 11 both 32-bit and 64-bit and both the older API and the newer OpenFX API.

Edward Troxel
JETDV Scripts

© CreativeCOW.net