Adobe After Effects Expressions Forum
Automate the face tracker on 100+ compositions
Automate the face tracker on 100+ compositions
by Dylan Gallup on Nov 20, 2018 at 11:34:55 pm

Hi all,

I have about 400 short clips of people's faces, and I need to matte them all out. My plan is to script it, but I can't find any documentation about running the tracker through a jsx file other than this old post:

https://forums.creativecow.net/docs/forums/post.php?forumid=227&postid=30610&univpostid=30610&pview=t

I can run through all of my comps and make a mask, but I can't run the tracker. If you have any idea on how to do this or where to start looking, the help is much appreciated!

Thank you for reading!

Re: Automate the face tracker on 100+ compositions
by Harry Hoag on Feb 25, 2019 at 12:02:35 pm

I need to the exact same thing! Did you get anywhere with it?

I found someone who was asking about setting the camera tracker off, he seemed to have no problem setting it of via scripting. It's a few years old but I left a message there.
https://forums.creativecow.net/docs/forums/post.php?forumid=227&postid=30610&univpostid=30610&pview=t

by Dylan Gallup on Feb 25, 2019 at 6:39:46 pm

I ended up manually going through each clip. Quite the long process... If you find anything more about it, I would love to know!

by Harry Hoag on Feb 26, 2019 at 8:56:47 am

ah sorry to hear that, must have been tedious haha! I was talking to a scripting guy and he reckons its not possible, said there was no way to trigger it to start tracking...

I need to do this so much at the moment, I have an ongoing project that will be hundreds and hundreds of clips, I have a fairly streamlined manual process but, it takes hours of sitting there pressing go. I'm going to try and find some other software I think. I have a say on how the stuff is recorded so maybe a custom thing in Processing or something like that could work.

© CreativeCOW.net