Adobe After Effects Expressions Forum
Batman Begins / WB logo
Batman Begins / WB logo
by butter on Oct 29, 2005 at 8:24:59 pm

I need to create something close to the WB/Batman Begins logo open. It is a WB logo and then all these small bats start to fly at screen and the logo fades away (made up from all the bats). I was starting to do this by hand, and thought there has to be a better way?

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/guide/hd/batmanbegins.html

thx!

Re: Batman Begins / WB logo
by dommafia on Oct 30, 2005 at 5:48:05 am

if u take a good look at the scene u can see that the logo doesnt actualy turn into the bats. The logo fades away in an inward radial leaving the bat footage showing through it.

by butter on Oct 30, 2005 at 4:15:14 pm

yeah. they did a cheese fade on the logo. Is there a way to do a quick animation (maybe three frames of a bat's or a bee in my case wings flapping) and then multiply it easliy so I can get a swarm? Am I looking into expressions? or is there something a little easier?

th

by Astricii on Oct 31, 2005 at 12:41:28 am

www.trapcode.com
Particular is a good way to make something like this. they have a demo project on their site that creates flocks of birds and the like. Free demo too. Might be what you're lookin for.

by Biggie on Oct 31, 2005 at 2:01:31 am

Look into Trapcode Particular, it can do swarms/flocks like what you're looking for fairly easily and cheap as well. You can download a trial at www.trapcode.com. Hope that helps.

by dommafia on Nov 1, 2005 at 6:27:35 pm

i think i found a tutorial that will help you with this

http://forums.creativecow.net/cgi-bin/new_read_post.cgi?forumid=2&postid=863275

by butter on Nov 1, 2005 at 6:29:22 pm

Thanks! I'm checking it now. The Trapcode works great too!

by Dex Craig on Nov 5, 2005 at 10:01:33 pm

Particle Illusion 3 also has a "take color from underlying layer" setting for particles (or something like that). You could build your bats however you were intending to create them (3D?) and then use them as a particle shape in PI. They could take their color from the WB logo layer and then just explode the layer into fluttering bats. There's a Sci-Fi Channel promo where a woman dissolves into a thousand butterflies that I'd bet was done with PI.

Just a thought.

- Dex

© CreativeCOW.net