by zach blumstein on Sep 3, 2008 at 9:08:53 pm

hi i need to render a 1280x720 comp at 16:9 aspect ratio
for the following formats

web
film
dvd
television
ipod

can someone give me some tips for rendering to all these different formats as to whether its best to render and compress using ae
or if i should use quicktime pro
thanks
zach

Re: rendering ae projects to different formats
by Brendan Coots on Sep 4, 2008 at 2:14:09 am

Without question, I would definitely render an uncompressed quicktime (or animation codec) out of After Effects, and use Quicktime Pro or some other compression application for the various formats you need.

Brendan Coots

Splitvision Digital

www.splitvisiondigital.com

by zach blumstein on Sep 4, 2008 at 3:34:47 pm

ok do you have any preset reccomendations
for quicktime pro if i need to compress for film dvd and tv
thanks

zach

by Brendan Coots on Sep 6, 2008 at 7:42:13 pm

For film, you should contact the facility that will be doing your film-out. They will likely prefer an image sequence, such as SGI frames, but you need to ask them.

For DVD, you need to compress to MPEG-2, the only file format DVDs allow. You should really use your DVD authoring program, by feeding it the uncompressed/Animation codec file and allowing it to create the MPEG-2.

For TV, you will probably want an uncompressed 8-bit file, although most TV facilities will accept (or require) other formats. This is another situation where you are better off contacting the station that will air your spot/show and ask them what they prefer. Some won't accept digital files and will expect tape-based delivery, such as Beta-SP, etc.

Brendan Coots

Splitvision Digital

www.splitvisiondigital.com

© CreativeCOW.net