Adobe After Effects Forum
Need to scale trapcode particular layers to match comp
Need to scale trapcode particular layers to match comp
by Agata Kamler on Aug 13, 2019 at 4:23:40 am

Hi, I have an old After Effects project that was created in 960x540 but I need to scale to 1920x1080. Everything scales correctly except for the "particular" layer. I've tried resizing the solid/particular layer to match comp size but its still off by a lot. There is only one "particular" layer in my project so it's not very complicated. However, I'm having troubling trying to scale it manually to match what it looked like at the smaller resolution. Is there a formula that I can use to change my parameters to match the higher resolution (for example, do I double everything)? And is it a matter of emitter position, size, spread? Or particle size? I'm not sure what changes when resolution is messed with. Please help! :)

Re: Need to scale trapcode particular layers to match comp
by Cassius Marques on Aug 13, 2019 at 1:36:28 pm

[Agata Kamler] " I've tried resizing the solid/particular layer to match comp size but its still off by a lot"

That's odd. Scaling to comp size should make things match perfectly except for the lack of proper resolution.

Changing the solid resolution settings on the other hand has no straightforward way of adjust everything I guess. Even if you double everything, emitter size, particle size, speed and etc., things may still don't match because internally particular uses a world scale that it doesn't give you access to modify.

Cassius Marques
www.zapfilmes.com

Re: Need to scale trapcode particular layers to match comp
by Agata Kamler on Aug 13, 2019 at 6:05:13 pm

Thanks for your reply Cassius. Its good to know that tweaking manually isn't straightforward. I was about to spend a lot of time trying to do that!

© CreativeCOW.net