Adobe After Effects Forum
What is the effect called
What is the effect called
by Vasyl Iskovych on Jul 10, 2019 at 7:30:00 am

I want to make a video like this.
But I can not find information on creating such effects and transitions.
Can you suggest lessons or tell where you can find information?
I do not know what keywords to search for.

Re: What is the effect called
by Jim Arco on Jul 10, 2019 at 12:17:50 pm

Depends on which effects you mean. The 2-tone effect could probably be done with de-saturate and high contrast. However, the overall sequence looks like an ordinary animation, maybe even hand-drawn.. Sometimes, designers of unique title sequences will consider them 'trade secrets,' making it difficult to find out how it was actually done.

Google credits the opening titles to Zenon Kohler, so you might want to start a further search there.


Re: What is the effect called
by Richard Garabedain on Jul 11, 2019 at 2:44:28 pm

You will want to look up text typography videos or tutorials...this is essentially the same exact thing just more advanced using pictures, shapes and i think even some 3d