Adobe After Effects Forum
control premiere layer position and scale with an essential graphics made with after effects
control premiere layer position and scale with an essential graphics made with after effects
by Sander de leeuw on Nov 24, 2018 at 8:32:56 pm

Hi,

Is it possible to use a essential graphics template made in ae to control the scale and position of underlying layers in pr?

I'm looking to do the following; I have a small visual effect where I draw a circle that comprises the full composition and gradually zooms in and circles a piece of video on a underlying layer. Now I want to repeat this many times with different underlying video clips. So I've made the effect into a essential graphics template, and loaded it into premiere. But now I want to make the piece of video in premiere zoom and move like the circle in the template. Is there a way this can be done properly?

To clarify I've added a small test video: https://youtu.be/CVw0oxrvysQ
In this video you can see the zooming of the template has some easy ease and a bit of work in the speed graph to make the movement a bit more interesting. I can't figure how I can do this in premiere.
Also since I'll be using this particular template for about 40 times it would save me a great deal of work if I could automate the zoom and position change.

Thanks in advance!

Re: control premiere layer position and scale with an essential graphics made with after effects
by Mark Doctor on Nov 26, 2018 at 10:59:02 am

Use the nesting in Premiere

1# sequence: add a cyan circel animation above the original footage track

2# sequence: Now circel and footage are bound in a nested sequence and scale them together to the corner. Revealing a sheet with text ( I would create that one in Premiere itself)

Save your project, import it 40 times and replace the footages

© CreativeCOW.net