Adobe After Effects Forum
separate tracks not available in curve editor
separate tracks not available in curve editor
by Steve Bentley on Jul 30, 2018 at 2:30:00 pm

Suddenly, I can't look at just one of the XYZ attributes on its own in the curve editor. I can separate them so I can edit each on its own but I always have to look at all three in the curve editor. I can't, for instance, just select the X and then force it to fill the editor so that I can see subtle changes, because the Z track, which is also still visible, varies wildly and with its max and min values forcing the scale of the editor I can't see those subtle changes in the X.
V2017 doesn't do this and I can't believe I've gone this long with 2018 and haven't noticed this. Is this one of the new "features"? Or is 2018 acting up again?

Re: separate tracks not available in curve editor
by Walter Soyka on Jul 31, 2018 at 2:38:28 pm

I can see separate X, Y and Z curves in the graph editor on Ae CC 2018, version 15.1.1. Maybe reset your preferences?

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Re: separate tracks not available in curve editor
by Steve Bentley on Jul 31, 2018 at 2:50:42 pm

Ya, I tried that. New projects let me view separate tracks as one would expect, so it seems to be related to a particular rev of a particular project - a heavy one I must admit. I can still edit separate channels in earlier versions of the project.

It's a camera, so I've taken to making a copy of the project, deleting all but the camera and a few "markers" so I know where objects are, tweaking my splines in that now nearly empty project and then importing the copy project back into to the original as a comp and then extracting the camera from the imported comp and pasting into the original.
(Oh man! I forgot to stretch first! Cramp!)

Memory leak perhaps? I can mess up C4D menus by render-caching some of this project.

© CreativeCOW.net