Adobe After Effects Forum
Shortcuts on Macbook Pro
Shortcuts on Macbook Pro
by Naveen Mallikarjuna on Nov 9, 2010 at 7:56:09 pm

Could anyone point me to a list of keyboard shortcuts for AE on a Macbook (as opposed to on a tower system with a full keyboard?).

Basic things like RAM preview that require the numeric keyboard, etc. are suddenly gone now that I'm on my fancy new macbook!

Re: Shortcuts on Macbook Pro
by David Eaks on Nov 10, 2010 at 9:21:23 am

You could check out KB Covers, they have keyboard covers with shortcuts printed on the buttons. I got one on eBay for FCP, clear with colored buttons, on my ultra-slim keyboard and it's a perfect fit. I was a little surprised because the pictures on eBay make them look like they wouldn't perfectly "hug" each key. I will definitely buy one for my new 17" MBP. Even without the shortcuts I highly recommend them. I had to ask them for the specific keyboard/shortcuts/color combination, but they did it!

Link to AE shortcuts cover for Unibody MBP:

http://www.kbcovers.com/servlet/Detail?no=210

BTW I'm not affiliated with them, just happy with my purchase.

Best,
Dave
PSV

Re: Shortcuts on Macbook Pro
by Naveen Mallikarjuna on Nov 10, 2010 at 5:26:28 pm

Hey guys, thanks for all the tips! The online help at Adobe does list alternative shortcuts to the ones I'm used to. Good thing, b/c I'm so used to shortcuts I can barely remember how to do some things without them!

I've used KB covers in the past for FCP -- didn't realize they make them for AE too. Sweet!

Naveen

© CreativeCOW.net