Adobe After Effects Forum
Google Earth to video
Google Earth to video
by Brendan Nagle on Jun 18, 2012 at 2:13:03 pm

Need 15sec of full, or at least very high res video of Google Earth zooming in & out, all around. Supposedly a government satellite to supplement the Control Room in a spy flick. No clue how to do this, but my basic understanding of the internets leads me to believe it will be cached data recorded on a high end rig.

Help? Suggestions? Alternatives?

Brendan Nagle
Filmmaker / Journalist / Actor
www.TheBrendanNagle.com

Re: Google Earth to video
by John Cuevas on Jun 18, 2012 at 2:25:59 pm

Pretty good technique at VideoCoPilot

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

by Mike Zimbard on Jun 18, 2012 at 5:53:46 pm

The vid co-pilot tutorial is a good one. But if you just need something really fast here's the low-fi approach - Download SnapZ ProX (http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/snapzprox) and just record google maps doing what you need. Depending on your monitor and video card you should be able to capture at HD res or above.

by Kevin Reiner on Jun 18, 2012 at 9:03:08 pm

OT a little. Video Copilot's tutorial is wonderful, but it is being used ad nauseum. I have seen it in so many videos. I'm not judging anyone, as I used it myself, but now its getting a little silly.

Mac Pro 2 x 3 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon
32GB Memory
Dual-channel 4Gb Fibre Channel PCI Express card
Dell Display (23" flat panel)
ATI Radeon HD 5770
AJA Kona LSi SD/HD capture card
Rourke 16 TB
Flanders 2460

SOFTWARE
Mac OS X 10.6.5
FCP 7
After Effects CS5
Boris Continuum
Sapphire Plug Ins
All Trapcode Plugs
Zaxwerks Invig

by Brendan Nagle on Jun 18, 2012 at 9:08:41 pm

Yeah, I thought the same thing. Thankfully my video is only on screen for 5 seconds, so I'm hoping I can take the video Co pilot tutorial and adlib to do my own version. The rotation and clouds are a bit ridiculous. Would love more suggestions if they're out there.

Brendan Nagle
Filmmaker / Journalist / Actor
www.TheBrendanNagle.com

by Tom Daigon on Jun 18, 2012 at 9:52:27 pm

Be very careful what you use the Google maps for. I used it without getting the Professional License to do so. Google saw the TV spot I did and came after the producer. A word to the wise.

Tom Daigon
PrP / After Effects Editor
www.hdshotsandcuts.com
Mac Pro 3,1
8 core
Nvidia Quadro 4000
24 gigs ram
Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
Kona 3

© CreativeCOW.net