Panasonic Cameras Forum
HMC150 batteries
HMC150 batteries
by Randy Champion on Dec 14, 2012 at 11:54:12 pm

I just inherited a brand new, still in the sealed box, HMC150 and as it didn't cost me a nickel I'm pretty stoked. I know I'm gonna have to buy some accessories, but my question is this (and I have not been able to find an answer online): Will I be able to use the CGA-D54s batteries from my old AG-DVC80? They are Panasonic originals, 7.2v 5400mAh and not aftermarket rip-offs. I haven't tried them yet, but was wondering if they would work.
BTW, I heard that if you use nonPanasonic batteries the camera can "record" that and a technician can tell if you did when you take it in for service. I also heard that it would void the warranty, is that correct?

Re: HMC150 batteries
by Guy McLoughlin on Dec 16, 2012 at 4:03:49 pm

Nope.

The HMC-150 uses the newer style Panasonic VW-VBG6PPK batteries. Many of the newer Panasonic Prosumer cameras use this battery.

by Randy Champion on Dec 17, 2012 at 10:28:51 pm

Dang, I've got 4 or 5 of the big 5400mAh batteries. Nice paper weights I suppose. Thanks for your help. Should I use strictly Panasonic brand or are there other brands that are reputable and won't void the camera's warranty?

by Guy McLoughlin on Dec 17, 2012 at 11:30:41 pm

I recommend buying the brand name Panasonic batteries, as I find the brand name batteries hold more charge and generally last longer than the third party batteries.

If you are lucky you might be able to find some used.

© CreativeCOW.net