Panasonic Cameras Forum
DVX100b to Final Cut Pro quality drop
DVX100b to Final Cut Pro quality drop
by Aaron Moore on Dec 25, 2011 at 7:17:56 am

Hey guys, I'm new to these forums and very new to editing.I'm using a Panasonic DVX100b and I need to learn the proper workflow for editing in Final Cut Pro. The problem I'm having is that the imported footage is lower quality than the original camera footage. I mean, the very moment I import it I lose quality. It's not something I only notice once I'm playing the imported footage back, as others have said. I even notice it while importing. I'm shooting in 24p and I believe my FCP import settings are on Advanced Pulldown Removal because I shoot in squeeze mode (only because I read somewhere that that was good to do) I'll be honest - I don't know at all what I'm doing as far as correctly capturing my footage for best quality. If it helps to know what I'm shooting, It's basically going to be for a sketch comedy series. I'd like the quality to be as good as possible though, and preferably in 24p. But I don't understand why I'm getting an immediate quality loss upon import. I didn't really know whether to post this in the "Panasonic DVX100b" forum section or this one, so I'm posting it in both. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks!

© CreativeCOW.net