Panasonic Cameras Forum
Strange Vibration in Footage durning Playback
Strange Vibration in Footage durning Playback
by Jason Pence on Dec 1, 2008 at 1:51:43 am

Hello all,

I'm in desperate need of a solution/ fix or any helpful suggestions. I just shot a very high profile client in 24PN, had a couple of 1000W soft boxes to light the subject and black pipe and drape behind him. It was a very quiet and controlled environment, the camera was zoomed into a pretty tight close up, camera locked down, and nothing noticeably wrong in the viewfinder.

Here is problem.... After Log and Transfer; during playback, there seems to be a noticeable vibration in the footage. There was no shaking in the rooms floor, so I'm at a bit of a loss. The way I set up my timeline, (not that I think this is contributing to the problem), because this "vibration" is noticeable in the viewer, is a follows:

Frame size: (960x720)(16:9)
Pixel Aspect Ratio: HD (960x720)
Compressor: DVCPRO HD 720p60

I also tried to remove the vibration with the smooth cam function, but to no avail.

Any help would be most graciously appreciated.

Many thanks,
Jason

Re: Strange Vibration in Footage durning Playback
by Noah Kadner on Dec 1, 2008 at 6:19:58 pm

Did you maybe have OIS(Optical Image Stabilization) on? This can cause unwanted effects if you're on a tripod.

Noah

Check out My FCP Blog and my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, DVD Studio Pro and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

by Jason Pence on Dec 1, 2008 at 6:49:50 pm

Thanks Noah. I made very sure that OIS feature was not on. Do you happen to know of any software or techniques that may reduce this vibration?

Best,
Jason

by Noah Kadner on Dec 1, 2008 at 11:28:28 pm

You could try running it through the Smoothcam filter in FCP or Motion- as long as we're talking Final Cut Studio 2. Depends on the specific type of vibration whether it will cancel it out though.

Noah

Check out My FCP Blog and my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, DVD Studio Pro and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

by Jason Pence on Dec 2, 2008 at 2:27:14 am

Hi Noah,

I did and it didn't achieve a desired result. Could there be an internal problem/ (chip/ setting)??? with the camera that could have caused this vibration? I also have been playing with Lyric Media"s Stabilizer. Have you ever tried this program, and if so, do you have any suggestions/ settings that may help? It seems every time I try something with it, it crashes my system.

Best,
Jason

© CreativeCOW.net