Panasonic Cameras Forum
Panasonic BT-LH80W monitor
Panasonic BT-LH80W monitor
by Phil Yunker on Aug 20, 2008 at 3:26:21 am

Yes, another field monitor for HVX-200A question

I'm looking at this monitor for use with a HVX-200A, I can not get the specs sheet / link to load at the Panasonic web site, I'm trying to find out if it has component in. Is anyone using this monitor with a HVX-200 / 200A? if so pros / cons? Other monitor suggestions that are not the Marshall's(those look a little cheap and have read that the video is flat, unless someone can sell me on a Marshall), anyone using the Sony LMD 9020/9030/9050 $eries?
I plan on using this monitor for mostly filed use, thus small and dependable is key (unfortunately the Panasonic BT-LH900A is a little to much $$$$)

Thanks.

PHIL

Re: Panasonic BT-LH80W monitor
by Jeremy Garchow on Aug 20, 2008 at 3:31:59 am

looks like componenet with an option SDI.

You can look at the pictures here:

http://catalog2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ViewPhotos?storeId=11201&catalogId=13051&itemId=114038&surfModel=BT-LH80W

by Phil Yunker on Aug 20, 2008 at 11:39:14 am

Jeremy, thanks for the link, looks like it will work.

Anyone using this monitor? Pro's / Con's

Thanks.

PHIL

by Nate Stephens on Aug 20, 2008 at 2:16:17 pm

Phill, Over on my next fav forum DVXusers.com They talk alot about that monitor. HVX Guru Barry G.has one. It is on my target list the minute I get another free 2.7k... Make sure you get a good arm to hold it to your camera. The cheap arms slip.

FCP, Mac Pro, Mac Book Pro, HPX500, HVX200, Betacam, Dvcam
Write for the Edit, Shoot for the Edit, Edit.....KISS Principle

by Phil Yunker on Aug 20, 2008 at 2:54:09 pm

Nate,
thanks for the info. I will check out the other forum and see what they are saying.
Yes, that monitor and a good matte box is on my list!

Thanks.

PHIL

by Mitch Ives on Aug 25, 2008 at 3:35:07 pm

As reported, yes it has YUV, and yes SDI is an option. I have used one for a year. Had an early development model first and now a production model. It works well and I hardly ever shoot without it. Having a waveform monitor is crucial in many cases and has saved us more than once... i.e. what looked okay vs. what the waveform indicated. The WF is always right.

This being a newer model, it has the red edge focus enhancement. This works very well as well... especially in bright sunlight.

Mitch Ives
Insight Productions Corp.
mitch@insightproductions.com

© CreativeCOW.net